Thales Alenia Space has more than 40 years’ experience in the design, integration, testing, operation and commissioning of innovative space systems. Using some of the world’s most sophisticated technologies, our teams create solutions that monitor our oceans, help us better understand climate change and drive scientific progress. We’re also a world–leader in satellite telecommunications. And because we supply the International Space Station, we play a pivotal role in helping mankind explore the universe.
As an Analogue Electronics Design Engineer based in Bristol, you’ll define architecture, design, specify and implement electronic units including PCB schematics to relevant European Space Agency flight standards. This will be completed in accordance with relevant Thales Quality Management and industry Standards. Space craft design have a set of constraints, verification is higher and therefore brings different challenges. So this role offers the opportunity to go back to basics and first principles. This is your opportunity to join and be part of the growth of an exciting venture in the UK.
• Deliver defined tasks to budget & schedule
• Derivation of unit or board level requirements;
• Generate specification, architecture, development and validation plans
• Analyse and where appropriate identify developments required at EM and EQM to support flight development
• Implement and test hardware in accordance with relevant standards
• Support Skill Lead in optimising approaches to engineering processes.
Skills, qualifications and experience
• Experience of analogue design will be essential, coupled with an excellent grasp of circuit analysis for worst case conditions.
• Experience in carrying out and interpreting the results of schematic and board–level simulation is important
• Experience of the full design lifecycle, including taking designs from initial negotiations through requirements capture, system design, hardware design and test to final integration
• Degree in engineering, electronics or physics is highly desirable and preferably you will of worked in space, aerospace or defence environment
• Strong communication skills with the ability to influence stakeholders of all levels.
How to apply
To be considered for this key role, please click on the apply button.
Contrat à durée indéterminée
Source: Telegraph.co.uk Jobs