Thales Alenia Space (TAS) has more than 40 years’ experience in designing, integration, testing, operation and commissioning of innovative space systems. Using some of the world’s most sophisticated technologies, we meet the needs of a variety of commercial, government, scientific and security customers. Our teams create the technology to monitor our oceans, help us better understand climate change and drive scientific progress. We also supply the International Space Station and, as such, play a pivotal role in exploring the universe.
Thales Alenia Space requires an Electrical Systems Engineer, who will contribute to the Payload Module architecture definition and development to phases B/C/D of technical proposals.The successful inidividual will interface with the project team and work closely with the Lead Electrical Systems Engineer.
Key Responsibilities and tasks
• Contribute to the Payload Electrical Engineering tasks at TAS–UK in the frame of the phase B under the guidance of the Lead Electrical System Engineer
• Contribute to the development of a data handling architecture for the Payload Module that satisfies the requirements (including redundancy & autonomy/FDIR), conducting trade–offs where necessary and verification planning.
• Contribute to the TM/TC budget, mass budget, thermal budget
• Contribute to the population of the calibration data base
• Contribute to lower level requirements for Payload Computer, Software, Harness, etc.
• Support the definition of Payload Module power outlets and pyros needed
• Support initial harness routing and updates as appropriate
• Contribute to Electrical and Grounding diagrams for the Payload Module
• Critically review inputs from Payload providers and refine the Payload Module design
Experience and Skills
• Experience of digital and power electronics engineering
• Experience of space PA/QA processes would be an asset
• Experience of software engineering would be an asset
• Experience with producing relevant documents and presenting at reviews
• Experience in technical proposal preparation would be an asset
• Experience of EMC would be an asset
• Understanding of thermal/structural/mechanical issues
• Understanding of parts stress, worst case, radiation, reliability and FMECA analyses
• Experience of working in a multi–discipline team environment
• Customer, partners, suppliers interface
• Experience of R&D projects, satellites studies or similar
Contrat à durée indéterminée
Source: Telegraph.co.uk Jobs