Thales Alenia Space (TAS) has more than 40 years’ experience in designing, integration, testing, operation and commissioning of innovative space systems. Using some of the world’s most sophisticated technologies, we meet the needs of a variety of commercial, government, scientific and security customers. Our teams create the technology to monitor our oceans, help us better understand climate change and drive scientific progress. We also supply the International Space Station and, as such, play a pivotal role in exploring the universe.
Thales Alenia Space requires an Payload Systems Engineer, who will contribute to the Payload Module architecture definition and development to phases B/C/D of technical proposals.The successful inidividual will interface with the project team and work closely with the Lead Payload Systems Engineer.
Key Responsibilities and tasks
• Support the Payload System Engineering tasks at TAS–UK in the frame of the phase B under the guidance of the Lead System Engineer
• Support the analysisof requirements and translation into subsystem specifications
• Critically review inputs from the Payload teams
• Contribute to the payload accommodation scheme and support trade–offs where necessary
• Contribute to the iteration of trade–offs and supporting analyses as necessary based on preliminary performance assessments of key parameters for the baseline (including technical, operational, programmatic, cost factors, etc.).
• Support the preparation of payload module block diagrams and associated descriptions.
• Support the allocation of initial budgets and later updates reflecting the evolving design
• Contribute to Verification Control Documentation
• Contribute to technical documents for proposals and reviews.
Skills and Experience
• System engineering
• Experience or knowledge of requirements management tools (e.g. DOORS) would be an asset
• Experience in technical proposal preparation would be an asset
• Experience of working in a multi–discipline team environment
• Experience with producing relevant documents and presenting at reviews.
• Customer, partners, suppliers interface
• Knowledge or experience of R&D projects & satellites studies
Contrat à durée indéterminée
Source: Telegraph.co.uk Jobs