Thales’s expert teams develop solutions that provide sophisticated real–time intelligence for soldiers in the field. From horizon–to–horizon airborne reconnaissance to technology that captures and relays over 9 million pixels every second, our products include some of the most advanced reconnaissance systems in the world. So whether our people are developing next–generation airborne security radars, liaising with global customers or providing essential business support, they play a key role in informing and enabling critical decisions.
As a Procurement & Subcontracts Manager based in Crawley, you will manage the purchasing requirements for bids, projects or products (BPP) ensuring that all purchasing and subcontract packages are delivered on time, to budget and at the required quality. This is an opportunity to work within Defence Mission Systems (DMS) which offers a breadth of programs, covering development and technology demonstration projects, through major acquisition, leading into service and support, on both straight logistic supply and contracting for availability.
• Develop supply chain architecture to meet needs of BPP
• Work with the bid/project team, to develop the procurement strategy and subcontract management plan for the allocated BPP
• Focus, manage and optimise the purchasing and subcontract costs through the lifecycle of the project, including cost driver analysis of products and systems to identify focus areas or opportunities for reduction
• Produce monthly reports on the status of purchasing / subcontract activity and all associated bids / projects / contracts
• Manage the procurement of high risk / high value requirements for allocated project/subcontracts.
• Draft and negotiation of agreements eg – MOUs, SLAs, teaming agreements, subcontracts etc.
• Manage export license issues relating to supplied items for the BU e.g. UK & French Export Control, ITAR and TAA.
• Conduct capability assessments of target suppliers when required
• Identify purchasing risks, and develop and implement associated mitigation plans
• Identify key projects/technologies/products and potential suppliers to develop relationships with
• Develop the supply chain during development phase in order that all suppliers are selected, prices and KPIs agreed, and contracts implemented in order that production / support purchasing can be limited to transactions and scheduling activity
• Define purchasing packages to be handled by segment teams as part of subcontract management plan.
Skills, qualifications and experience
• Purchasing experience, specifically in an engineering development / subcontract environment
• The ability to think strategically, to develop and execute acquisition strategy and plans.
• Acute and mature negotiating skills
• Effective interpersonal, co–ordinating and organising skills.
• Risk and project management skills
• Higher level business or engineering qualification or equivalent
• Ideally MCIPS and degree qualified.
How to apply
If enabling the on time and on budget completion of flagship engineering programmes within a global market interests you, then please click apply
Contrat à durée indéterminée
Source: Telegraph.co.uk Jobs