Thales technology makes it possible for two thirds of planes to take off and land safely. Thales also protects 80% of the world’s banking transactions and is Europe’s number one supplier of defence electronics. Beyond that our people have made London’s Jubilee and Northern Lines 20% more efficient and have delivered more than 300 air defence radars in 26 countries. We’re a leading name in our markets and a diverse, constantly evolving organisation. Join us.
You can join a fantastic team of Project Managers in our Radio Communication Products team, working on the delivery of exciting defence and Government projects and bids up to GBP5M.
The purpose of this job is to be the person in overall charge of a specific project (or number of projects) to ensure the successful delivery of the project(s).In this role you will develop professional project management capabilities, giving rigour to change control, commercial awareness and stakeholder management, successfully manage the relationship with internal and external key UK and international customers.
• External stakeholders (e.g. customers, suppliers)
• More senior members of the Project Management community (e.g. Portfolio / Programme Management)
• Other Project Managers
• The Project Team
• Bid Manager
• Capture Lead
• Programme Management Office
• Liaison with other business functions, including Technical, Finance, Commercial, Legal, Quality, Health & Safety, Operations
• Undertake the activities that will ensure the successful delivery of the project. This will typically include (but is not limited to) the following:
• Deliver the key results and performance metrics the projects, including order intake, sales, gross margin and cash.
• Creation of the initial Project Plan during the bid or “Demand” phase of the lifecycle through requirement capture, work definition, estimating and scheduling that will include all Milestones, activities, resources and any other feature that will require to be delivered.
• Project Governance (the Gate and Stage Processes) over the bid and project delivery activities to ensure project, technical, procurement and support processes are applied and are effective in controlling risks.
• Ensure all business planning and reporting is published in accordance with Business directives e.g. Project Management reviews (PMR), Business Operations Report (BOR) and On Time Delivery (OTD).
• Drive Quality, Cost & Delivery performance through close working with other functions.
• Manage all project stakeholders; ensuring strong communications are established and maintained.
• Ensure that members of the project team are actively managing Risk and Opportunities, and have a robust Project Management Plan.
• Ensure data integrity of all project information including financials and schedule. Use the Oracle and Primavera toolset to hold all financial, schedule and resource information.
• Ensure all Project activities undertaken comply with the relevant Thales Chorus processes.
• Ensure “Lessons Learned Management” is applied to all projects, entailing application of lessons from other projects, and capturing lessons learned on specific projects under your control. Management of a project team.
• Strong, professional project management skills.
• The ability to directly successfully manage a project team
• Strong negotiation skills with the ability to deal with customers, partners, suppliers and other parts of the business (stakeholder management skills).
• Strong interpersonal and verbal communication skills with written presentation and report writing skills.
• Strong, organisational, managerial and team working skills
• Analytical skills aligned with the need to carry out detailed investigation of cost variance(s) and publishing of financial information directly into Company financial reports
• Commercial, financial and business acumen.
• A positive attitude combined with excellent interpersonal and motivational skills.
• An ability to successfully manage change.
• The ability to adapt personal style of management and communication to achieve the desired results from interactions with team members and stakeholders.
• A proven track record of delivering successful projects in contexts relevant to Thales.
• Working in a complex, multidisciplinary, multi–site organisation.
• Full business lifecycle management, including capture, qualification and developing capture plans and winning strategies
• Extensive client and stakeholder management
• Comprehensive understanding of generic processes and techniques used to schedule project activities (for example; WBS, OBS, milestones, dependencies , EVM)
• Comprehensive experience and understanding of the Project Management process (including Change Control, Risk Management and Information Management).
• Comprehensive experience and knowledge of the project life cycle for complex projects through delivery of Development, Implementation, Closure and Support activity.
• Experience of working across boundaries, including knowledge of commercial management, best practice supply chain and finance functions.
Educated to degree level in a discipline that is compatible with the requirements of Project Management, or equivalent experience.
Contrat à durée indéterminée
Source: Telegraph.co.uk Jobs