Thales Alenia Space (TAS) has more than 40 years’ experience in designing, integration, testing, operation and commissioning of innovative space systems. Using some of the world’s most sophisticated technologies, we meet the needs of a variety of commercial, government, scientific and security customers. Our teams create the technology to monitor our oceans, help us better understand climate change and drive scientific progress. We also supply the International Space Station and, as such, play a pivotal role in exploring the universe.
As a Purchasing Manager based in our Harwell office, you’ll work across the electronic and electrical space devices, and mechanical and propulsion in close connection with our Harwell site, for direct spend categories, sourcing and negotiating with suppliers, managing contracts ranging from GBP10K to GBP1M. Managing all purchasing aspects of delegated Bid and Project work packages, to ensure purchasing packages are executed in accordance with technical, program, cost and performance requirements.
• Negotiate commercial terms and conditions for major supplier contracts, and work closely with the Contracts and Legal Department to ensure contract compliance and limitation of risk to TAS–UK, especially pertaining to cost and lead time
• Manage supplier relationships, ensuring continuous performance improvement and implementing the necessary action plans, e.g., dispute resolution, delivery time & quality improvements
• Carrying out ongoing performance reviews and maintaining an overview of subcontractor cost, quality and schedules
• Being close to the strategy of different activity areas of TAS
• Lead year over year cost reduction efforts in support of TAS goals. Initiate and manage competitive requests for proposal
• Work to optimize the amount of spend on contract, utilizing long–term agreements with global suppliers
• Ensure adherence to TAS and Thales processes and procedures, including export regulations, ethical procurement practices, and ITAR regulations
• Minimize supplier claims and charges through effective application of supplier agreements and strong negotiation
• Create supplier KPIs, facilitate Supplier Business Reviews (SBR) and strategic meetings as required
• Investigate and incorporate new technologies applicable to the Products or Sub–systems, and work closely with the engineering teams to develop and qualify new products
• Prospect for new, innovative sources of supply, working to gain a competitive advantage for TAS–UK
• Organize and chairs the reviews with the suppliers
• Conduct with the engineering and product assurance team a seamless transfer of new products to the production phase, consolidating the recurring cost upstream
• Domestic and international (mainly in Europe) travel required.
Skills, qualifications and experience
• Experience as a procurement and contractual manager in a global supply chain environment, preferably from a space / aerospace background or potentially a high technology industry managing high value, small quantity equipment.
• Communication and influencing skills to build productive relationships at all levels of the business
• Good knowledge of development and industrial project reviews.
• Interpersonal at all organizational levels, internal and external.
• Good knowledge of contractual legal terms.
• Major development, sub–contract and program management experience
• Analytical skills
• Experienced in using ERP systems would be an asset
• Commercially astute with advanced negotiation skills and experience
• Well–developed organisational skills.
How to apply
To be considered for this key role, please click on the apply button.
Contrat à durée indéterminée
Source: Telegraph.co.uk Jobs