Thales people design solutions that enable two thirds of planes to take off and land safely. We create in–flight entertainment systems that engross 50 million fliers every year and we develop the avionics that control the world’s largest commercial aircrafts. In the UK, our simulators train the next generation of pilots for fighter jets, transporters and search and rescue helicopters. And, together, each and every member of our aerospace team makes a difference.
There is a new exciting opportunity for a Regional Sales Manager to join our Thales Avionics Services global business unit (ASW). The ASW business provides an innovative and global range of support and services for avionics in the civil aerospace market.
• As Senior Account Manager, for developing growth and ensuring satisfaction of a portfolio of Strategic Customers in the UK, Ireland and Iceland Area in all fields of activity of ASW (commercial, technical and logistics).
• As Head of ASW UK office, for leading and coordinating the ASW Account Management (AM) team based in UK, currently made of one Regional Sales Manager, one Field Service Manager and one Logistic Service Manager. To be noted that the hierarchical management of each member of the UK AM team remains with the operational managers based in France.
Strategic Customer Accounts in ASW are:
• Customers with whom ASW achieve high turnover.
• Customers with worldwide footprint (Tier 0) impacting all 3 ASW regions.
• Customers leading the market and setting the standards (in term of business model, technology, quality …)
• Customers with significant growth potential over the next 5 to 10 years
For the Area, ASW Strategic Customer Accounts are currently (2015) AJW, British Airways, easyJet and GECAS. Additional customer accounts might be considered as Strategic Accounts in the future depending on business evolution.
For this allocated portfolio of ASW Strategic Customer Accounts, the key roles and missions of the Sr AM are :
• Business Growth
• Defines overall strategy towards the Account
• Is the voice of the customer in the definition of new products and new services policy within ASW or TAV.
• Must identify and make recommendations for strategic business development
• Identifies, qualifies and develops mid or long term opportunities (Key Market Opportunity – KMO) up to the point the KMO turn into actual bid.
• Provides operational teams with necessary customer background data to identify and qualify business opportunities and win bids.
• Drives and organises the team to define overall sales strategy at his/her Account;
• Is supportive to Must Wins successes led by the assigned Capture Leader or RSM.
• Drives and organises the teams to define and manage required investment to develop Order Booking.
The Sr AM is accountable for the overall satisfaction of his/her Customers through a pro–active management of Customer expectations, requirements and our contractual obligations. As such, the Sr AM:
• Manages the entire customer satisfaction proactively so that the Customer considers Thales as a preferred partner.
• Ensures that the necessary action plans are implemented to address any Customer issues that could lead to dissatisfaction
• Weigh commitment made to the Customer and our financial objectives to make the most educated choice, preserving both Thales and the Customer interests.
• Supplies Thales teams with Customer background data necessary to establish our product and service strategy.
• Tracks any developments relating to Customer structure and decision process and Customer
• Helps “Capture Team Leader” to define and execute communication action towards Customer and lobbying, including negotiation phases, and ensures action plan is consistent with Thales’ defined approach towards
Contrat à durée indéterminée
Source: Telegraph.co.uk Jobs