As the European number one in defence electronics and the world number two in defence radio communications, Thales is a leading name in the global defence and security markets. In addition to equipping over 40 naval forces across the globe, we have a proud 125–year heritage here in the UK. Today that is represented in our key role delivering the Queen Elizabeth Class aircraft carrier and our programmes include the world’s most advanced, fully integrated, passive and active search and attack sonar suite fitted to the new Astute Class submarine.
This is a fantastic opportunity for you to develop your career as a Reliability Engineer in a dynamic and innovative team. We’re becoming more agile to win more business and to grow and we want you to grow with us by evolving through empowerment.
You will be working on reliability prediction analysis and report writing to make the design more reliable on defence projects including; sonar systems and products and sensor systems.
Purpose of the role:
In this role you will enhance the Supportability Engineering capability as an experienced Reliability Engineer. You will have skills and experience in R&M Modelling, Reliability Growth Analysis, Reliability Qualification, Failure Mode Effects and Criticality Analysis (FMECA), Fault Tree Analysis (FTA) and In Service Reliability Demonstrations. You’ll be capable of analysing the Customer’s AR&M requirements and constructing a tailored ARM Programme generally in accordance with the JSP 886 Vol 7, Part 8.04 / DEF STAN 00–40 / ARMP1 as guidance for the UKMOD and Overseas Customers.
Influence stakeholders with respect to Reliability Engineering and Analysis.
• Services Product Line Management.
• Supportability Engineering Manager.
• Project Managers.
• Design Engineering.
• Product Design Authority.
• Bid Management.
• Supportability Engineering.
Key responsibilities and tasks:
• Review of Customer’s requirements and formulation of ARM Plans for the Programmes.
• Production of compliance statements.
• Conduct of ARM Modelling, definition of issues and recommendations for improvements.
• Cascade and management of requirements to the Sub contractors/Suppliers.
• Conduct of root cause failure analysis and reporting.
• Incident Reporting process and implementation.
• Chairing Incident Review and Sentencing Committee.
• Management of FRACAS/DRACAS system (data recording and corrective action system).
• Influence Prime System Design for Reliability and Maintainability.
• Production of Maintenance Plans.
• Conduct of Ease of Maintenance Assessments.
• Inputs and assistance with Logistic Support Demonstrations.
• Production of R&M Case Report.
• Management of Spares Ranging and Scaling activity.
• Presentations to the Customer and Business Communities as required.
• Representation and participation at In Service Demonstration reviews and meetings.
• ARM inputs to the Bids.
• Production of Cost Estimates for the ARM Programmes.
• Maintenance and enhancement of the Company’s ARM Tool Set.
• Estimate of ARM resource needs, coordinate and supervise the team to accomplish the company and programme objectives.
• Provide Guidance/Point of reference for support engineers as required.
• Conduct of activities assigned by the Manager.
Experience & Skills:
Experience at Prime System Integrator Level
Experienced within either of the following industry sectors:
• Reliability Engineering
• Reliability Modelling
• Reliability Planning
• Design for Support
Contrat à durée indéterminée
Source: Telegraph.co.uk Jobs