Food & Beverage Supervisor Job at UNES, Kenya
UNES/ (1 Position) (3 Years Contract) – Re-Advertisement
The Food and Beverage Supervisor shall report to the Head Hospitality
Food & Beverage Supervisor Job Duties and responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities will include
- Overseeing, coordinating and supervising the restaurants, stores, conference, projects, outside catering activities and general operations of the unit.
- To approach sales opportunities in order to maximize sales revenue and exceed budgeted sales targets for the department.
- Assist with and suggest new promotional opportunities to enable departmental sales to meet and exceed budget. This is to include planning, implementation and review of promotion.
- Provide guidance and assistant to the Head Cook in Menu planning, monitor food preparation, service standards and kitchen rules.
- Responsible for food and beverage stoke/inventory accountability with reconciled sales on a daily basis.
- Maintain high unit’s cleanliness and hygiene on a daily basis and meet all requirements of food and hygiene regulations.
- Ensure the documented quality management system is complied with 100% and recommend ways to continually improve.
- Execution of administrative functions such as reporting on the daily operations, holding of departmental unit meetings forecasting of realistic, appropriate re-order level levels of the stores and quality assurance.
- Monitor performance of staff through setting targets for all staff conducting the performance appraisal exercise, coaching, evaluating, training and mentoring staff.
- Ensuring that all statutory documentation required are available, valid and adequately displayed (food handlers, trading licenses, fire certificates) amongst other statutory requirements.
- Ensure all assets are marked maintained and asset register updated.
- To account for all food and beverage crockery, cutlery, flatware and hallow ware on a weekly basis and provide reports for management
- Ensure the desired customer satisfaction levels are met and improved.
- Ensure proper handling, maintenance of all food and beverage equipment which includes repairs and servicing as per the documented maintenance contracts.
- Any other duties as allocated by your supervisor from time to time.
Specification for Food & Beverage Supervisor Job
- A Degree in Hotel and Restaurant Management/Hospitality Management plus a Diploma in Food and Beverage management or Hotel Management.
- KCSE C+(plus) or equivalent
- Three (3) years work experience as a Food and Beverage Supervisor/Ass. Manager in a 3 to 5 stars Restaurant/Hotel
- Strong leadership ability
- Good report writing skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Positive interpersonal skills required
- Computer Literacy
- Ability to work under pressure
Applicants interested in the above positions should submit the following:
Cover letter detailing why they want to be considered for the position applied, as well as current and expected gross salary.
Detailed CV including at minimum:
Biographical data including: Full names, current mailing address, current telephone contacts, email address
Employment history to date. Ensure that specific start and end dates are included.
Educational history to date, clearly detailing the program, certificate obtained, and completion date.
Names of 3 referees.
Copies of ALL Academic and Professional Certificates and testimonials.
Completed Personal Data Form (Applicants Personal Data form UNES FM A 022).
Indicate the Job Reference Number on the Envelope.
Submit 5 copies of all the documents required; Applications, detailed current CV highlighting qualifications and experience, Academic and professional certificates.
All applications to reach the undersigned on or before May 13, 2016
Applicants who previously applied for re-advertised positions need not to apply.
Senior HR Officer
Only shortlisted applicants shall be contacted.
Source: Career Point Kenya