Asst. Research & Development Manager-Personal Care Job at Unilever, Kenya
Job Number: 160009HE)
Why join us?
Unilever’s mission is to add vitality to life. We meet every day needs for nutrition, hygiene, and personal care with brands that help people feel good, look good and get more out of life.
Assistant Research & Development Manager Job Responsibilities
- Driving deploy excellence across the East & Southern Africa (ESA) R&D organization through successful execution of the new product development process and launches.
- The role entails owning the Product and Process Development Process, and manages it to promote brilliant execution and maintain compliance to Unilever’s quality system, legal and regulatory requirements.
- Partner with other functions to identify value improvement projects, develop and implement strategy, and assist in setting strategic technical direction.
- Provide leadership for innovation projects through project management, including such activities as collaborating to develop business cases, defining business and/ or technical requirements, and preparing detailed project plans and schedules. Generate project risk assessments and provide mitigating plans
- Partner with Local Market Activation in providing technical activation/promotional support for market introductions and support maximizing impact technology for the category.
- Monitor Competitor activity, supporting Global Design and Regional Deploy with regional consumer needs and insights.
- Managing quality and product safety in the Operating Company, providing the link to the Supply Chain and Personal Care Regional R&D.
- Assists or lead – as appropriate/ agreed with the Personal Care Regional R&D Teams the seamless incorporation of new product technology/mixes into the Local Supply Chain. Support SC on any third party activities for PC products
- Implement/adapt regional/global technical specs of Raw Materials, Product and Process for Local Sourcing / Supply Chain, in consultation with the appropriate Personal Care Regional R&D Design Team.
- Support product registration through submission of formulation related items
Qualification for Research & Development Manager Job
- Someone with a Degree in Science and/Technology
- 5 Years’ experience in product development processes and launches, preferably in similar organizations
- Project management experience within a Consumer Goods company
Click here to apply
Source: Career Point Kenya