Position: Field Accounting Manager (Global Support Office)
Location: London, UK
Reports to: Global Controller
About RI: Established in 1990, Relief International (RI) is a leading global humanitarian, nonprofit organization committed to transforming adversity into renewal for the world’s most vulnerable populations. By partnering with communities on the front-lines, RI innovatively bridges the gap between immediate relief and long-term community development, providing them the tools and support they need to gain self-reliance.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
- Work with Global Controller to provide training to program staff on financial management issues such as effective budgeting, preparing expenditure forecasts, cost allocations and reading and analyzing monthly reports of grant expenses.
- Act as UK accounting representative in Statutory audits
- Supervise UK Accounting Officer
- Assist Global Controller in implementing change management plans to assure full adoption of and compliance with new processes, procedures and systems.
Field Accounting Oversight, Support and Management
- Monitor systems and controls and ensure consistent application in regional and country offices.
- Support HQ and country office staff requests for guidance regarding the implementation of policies reflected in the Overseas Operations Manual and other financial policies and procedures.
- Assist Global Controller in ensuring that Regional Finance Teams are aligned to assure best practices are being utilized effectively within the Finance/Accounting Department
- Document in writing any observed financial discrepancies or concerns and submit summary to the Global Controller/CFO.
- Monitor and track subsequent corrective action implemented by staff and partners.
- Work with the International Finance Manager and Global Controller on internal control assessments of assigned field office projects and partners.
- Promote a culture of high performance, continuous improvement, and exceptional client support that values learning and a commitment to quality.
- All other duties as assigned by Global Controller/CFO
- Final review and approval of field accounts (monthly Quickbooks) and ensure a continuous training and improvement process is in place for the field staff.
- Monitor cost share/co-financing requirements.
Regional Support: Africa
- Lead monthly financial reviews including balance sheets and other reports, provide feedback to country teams and to Washington regional support teams. Track outstanding issues and coordinate resolution with other departments such as GCU, PAL etc
- Coordinate with Regional and country teams in developing management responses to audit reports, propose action plans to remediate audit findings, and follow up to support implementation and ensure compliance for Global Controller/CFO review.
- Assist in the development of local policies and procedures to meet global requirements.
- Review the project agreements to ascertain compliance with financial requirements.
- Monitor projects’ financial program to ensure appropriate design, implementation, and management of financial systems.
- Travel to field offices for start-up, close-out, trainings and financial reviews.
- Lead the preparation of project budgets and modifications.
- Provide training and support to those staff. Work with the field and headquarters staff to ensure that organizational and donor policies and procedures are adhered to and standard accounting practices are utilized.
- Serve as the point person for GSO-related financial queries, reviewing monthly field office projections, coordinating all correspondence from the field office regarding wiring of cash, payments and other financial matters.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or a related discipline; MBA or advanced degree in a business-focused area highly desired
- CA, or equivalent certification (preferred)
- 8+ years of financial career experience to include financial business leadership roles with oversight of financial operations within a global organization
- Experience serving as financial leader within a business as well as experience executing budgeting and strategic planning processes
- Experience to effectively interface with senior management and add value to the strategic planning process
- Possess extensive and current knowledge of cutting-edge principles and practices associated with accounting, cost management, percentage of completion accounting, foreign exchange, finance, systems, and lean manufacturing initiatives and related systems
- Experience within business operations
We uphold the Humanitarian Principles: humanity, neutrality, impartiality, and operational independence. We affirmatively engage the most vulnerable communities. We value:
- Transparency and Accountability
- Agility and Innovation
Closing date: 18 May 2016
Please note that due to the urgent need to fill this role, applications will be reviewed as and when received prior to the closing date.
Salary: £34,593 – £53,666 p/a
Source: ReliefWeb Jobs