About this job
- Company & location
- European Synchrotron Radiation Facility, Grenoble, France
- €26,000 to €29,000
- Closing date
- Jun 15, 2016
- Job reference code
- Last updated
- Apr 29, 2016
Looking for a challenging technical position in an
international research organisation?
Join the ESRF, the European Synchrotron!
The ESRF, the European Synchrotron, is an international science facility based in Grenoble, France. Thanks to high-level, innovative engineering and cutting-edge vision, the ESRF is recognised as one of the top research institutions worldwide, welcoming more than 6 500 scientists every year in fields such as biology, medicine, chemistry, earth and environmental sciences, cultural heritage, materials and surface science, and physics. The ESRF is supported by 21 countries and employs 600 staff.
We are currently seeking to recruit a:
Vacuum Instrumentation Technician
The Vacuum Group is responsible for the vacuum systems for the ESRF’s particle accelerators. The scope of the Group’s mission includes analysis, maintenance, repair, modifications and development for vacuum generation devices, chambers and instrumentation. The Group provides assistance to the ESRF experimental stations (beamlines) for any vacuum issues, design, installation, operation and maintenance, vacuum measurement/analysis and interlock systems.
Within a team of 18 engineers and technicians, your missions are the following:
- Install, maintain and troubleshoot vacuum instrumentation devices: Programmable Logical Controllers (PLCs), controllers of UHV pumps and gauges, interfacing.
- Prepare and carry out the technical realisation of PLC systems: mounting/cabling, programming, testing, updating of visualisation webpages and implementation.
- Produce and update documents (i.e. technical reports, control layouts, procedures) and keep the connected document database up-to-date.
- Propose technical solutions and participate to R&D and other vacuum related activities for the new EBS electron storage ring.
- Participate in the part time shift work and vacuum standby.
PROFILE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- You should hold a technician degree (BSc, Licence, HND, HNC, BTS, DUT, Bachelor, Meister, Vordiplom, Perito, Laurea Triennale, Diplomatura, Ingeniera Técnica or equivalent) in Electricity or Electronics
- 1 to 3 years of professional experience
- Skills in PLCs system definition/assembly/programming (Unity Pro, Codesys), Ethernet/Serial interfacing
- Knowledge and/or experience in vacuum technology would be an asset
- Organisation skills, good writing/oral reporting, team spirit
- Proficiency in English (working language at the ESRF)
The annual gross salary will be within the range 26 – 29 K€ and additional allowances may apply.
The ESRF is an equal opportunity employer and encourages diversity.
If you are interested in this position, please apply online by 15 June 2016.
Source: CERN Courier jobs